Medical Chillers & Linear Accelerator Chiller Systems
Medical Chillers & Linear Accelerator Chiller Systems are utilized in a wide range of medical applications where temperature control is critical. Cold Shot Chillers® offers a variety of chillers suited to diverse medical applications such as:
- Radiotherapy Chillers
- MRI Chillers
- CT Chillers
- Blood Bank Refrigeration
- Custom Linear Accelerator Chillers
- Laboratory Operations, and more.
Our medical equipment chillers provide close temperature tolerance with reliable operation and minimal downtime.
Due to the critical nature of these applications, we ask that you fill out a brief application questionnaire so that we may properly serve your needs.
How Do Medical Chillers Work?
Medical chillers provide process cooling using the same technology found in industrial, process, commercial, and comfort cooling systems. Our devices can be built to include self-diagnostic tools, preventive maintenance apps with notifications, and emergency backup cooling systems in the event of a mechanical or electrical failure.
Why is Temperature Control Important in Medical Facilities?
Due to the sensitive nature of clinical procedures, some medical devices are fitted with sensors or controls that monitor and regulate the temperature of processes within spaces and enclosures. Since several medical procedures involve machines that can produce a lot of heat, they must be cooled rapidly to ensure a stable process temperature.
Oftentimes, processes at medical facilities must be maintained within a narrow temperature range. For example, the ideal temperature of the internal magnet of an MRI machine is -270 °C or -450 °F (a cryogenic temperature). Temperatures above this level can cause the machine to malfunction or give inaccurate measurements.
A dedicated chiller system can provide the required cooling to keep the internal temperature of the machine low. Many medical chiller systems are designed to immediately switch to city water for cooling if the chiller unit fails.
Medical chillers from Cold Shot Chillers® can accommodate a wide range of heat loads required for long term reliability.
Medical Chiller Sizes and Materials
The size of a chiller refers to its cooling capacity. The most common chiller sizes used in the medical industry are 7 ½ ton chillers (90,000 BTU/hr) and 5-ton chillers (60,000 BTU/hr). In scenarios where multiple medical devices need to be cooled simultaneously, 12 ½ and 15-ton chillers will get the job done.
Common materials of construction for medical chillers are stainless steel and copper “wetted” components with powder-coated steel frames or aluminum cabinets.
Chiller Features that Are Unique to Medical Applications
Chillers utilized in medical applications are designed to operate within a close temperature tolerance. Precise temperature control is critical for several medical procedures such as medical imaging, laboratory, surgical operations and more.
What are the Benefits of Medical Chillers?
Can Cold Shot Chillers® medical chillers reduce cost or ensure a longer-lasting machine?
Many medical applications are cooled using city water where cooling temperatures below 65 °F may not be required. However, water-cooled systems have several disadvantages – they increase water consumption and facilitate the formation of mineral deposits in the internal components of machines which can lead to component failure.
ACWC-90-ESUS and ACWC-90-DM medical process chillers from Cold Shot Chillers® are air-cooled with auxiliary cooling systems to compensate in the event of mechanical failure. They help conserve water and prevent system failures due to the use of ground or city water.
Why Cold Shot Chillers® Medical Chillers?
For decades, Cold Shot Chillers® has designed high-capacity chillers for medical applications with close temperature tolerance and rugged reliability.
Here are some benefits of using our medical chillers at your facility:
- Premium Materials: Our medical chillers are built using premium-grade materials. Every product is quality-assured and offered with a competitive limited warranty.
- Superior Reliability: Our medical chillers are designed to ensure minimal downtime. They are designed with built-in features that compensate in the event of equipment failure.
- Eco-friendly: Medical process chillers from Cold Shot Chillers® use eco-friendly refrigerants and conserve water which ensures compliance with EPA standards.
- Custom-built Medical Chillers: Do you need a chiller for an MRI machine, CT scanner or blood bank? Whatever your application, we have got you covered with a variety of custom medical chiller designs to suit your needs.
- Customer-first Service: Whether you need technical assistance with one of our products or you wish to request a quote, our customer support channels are open 24/7 to cater to you. We offer same-day quotes, sometimes in as little as 30 minutes!
Contact Cold Shot Chillers® Today
Please contact us today for a custom quote and learn how we can help improve your medical process needs.